About The Heritage Lab
About how Museums make me a better person:
I take it as a challenge to stand in front of one painting or object for 20 minutes just to count the number of things I can observe or to see the number of (sensible) Questions I can come up with. Believe it or not but there are at least 80 things one object can tell you!
- I am hugely passionate about India’s arts, heritage and culture and strongly feel these should be accessible to everyone without the distinction of gender, economics or geographical boundaries.
- I enjoy experimenting with new technology and media and jump at every opportunity to merge it with the arts!
- I love seeing India participate in global media campaigns, especially on social media. I loved coordinating MuseumWeek & Art+Feminism campaigns with Indian Museums especially because I met so many people who share my passion.
- I borrow my energy from the younger ones around me and so am always happy sharing and learning new things (including new games kids come up with in school)
- I believe in OpenSource! Information in Museums and Institutions has to be accessible to public – it is one of our basic rights.
- I think we need to give Museums in India a chance to tell us how awesome they really are. The effort however has to be made by us, visitors!
- Educational :
Creative & Critical Inquiry for school students, connecting curriculum to Museum collections & heritage
- Communicating the Museum
Brand / Digital Media / Visitor Interaction Strategy
- Culture & Youth Engagement:
Immersive experiences with /at / for your Institution
- Alternative approaches to engaging children with the arts in your School.
- Creative ways to engage audiences / visitors at the Museum
- Strategies for branding & communicating the Museum / Heritage Site
- Technology in your Museum / Historical Site
- Content for your Museum / Historical Site
- Campaign Planning & Implementation
- Curated Programming for Specific Audiences
- Traditional Arts / Artist based programming such as workshops or commissioned work
- To figure where to invest in the arts (CSR consulting for the Companies with a heart for art)