Applications are invited for the role of a Research and Outreach Associate (one vacancy) at the Sarmaya Arts Foundation, Mumbai.
Duration : Full Time
Location : Mumbai
Join in : September 2019
The role requires a candidate to: (Key Responsibilities)
- Work closely with the Sarmaya team and contribute to the ongoing research of the Sarmaya collections.
- Conduct research and writing for Sarmaya’s planned programs and initiatives such as exhibitions, education and outreach.
- Build relationships with community/institutional partners.
- Facilitate art education workshops and assist in the organising of Sarmaya events.
- Content creation and inputs for the website and social media sites.
- Assist with collection and archive management.
Sarmaya is looking for:
- Meticulous research skills, detail-oriented and a passion for Indian art and history
- Preferably a Bachelors or/and Masters degree in art history, fine arts, history, museum studies or a related field.
- Prefer candidates with 2-3 years of work experience. Experience in research/education/curatorial roles in museums/galleries/art institutes is a plus.
- Knowledge of the methods and the ability to interpret the collections for diverse audiences.
- Experience in creating content or/and organising art workshops.
- Ability to go beyond traditional approaches, creative problem solver, demonstrates resourcefulness and takes initiative.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and organisational skills.
- Proficiency with G Suite and MS Office Suites.
Applicants should send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Remuneration is based on industry standards.
All applicants will be considered with respect to the above outlined criteria. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sarmaya’s collection was once in the private ownership of Mr Paul Abraham, a collector. His enthusiasm for open access to history, culture and art, gave birth to the organisation. Establishing its presence largely online and through outreach programs, Sarmaya is regarded as the first online Museum in India. The Sarmaya Archive and Office are based in Wadala, Mumbai.